If you have an old John Deere tractor, you may be curious about its year, model, and other specifications. You can find this information by entering the tractor’s serial number in a serial number lookup tool.
Several serial number lookup tools are available online, but not all are equal. Some devices are more accurate than others, providing more information.
This article will discuss using an old John Deere serial number lookup tool to find information about your tractor. We will also list some of the best serial number lookup tools available online.
Old John Deere Serial Number Lookup Table
|Serial Number Segment||Meaning|
|First 2-3 digits||Model number|
|Next five digits||Production sequence|
|Last two digits||Year of manufacture|
- Column 1: The serial number is a unique identifier for your tractor. It is typically 13 or 17 digits long.
- Column 2: The year of manufacture is when your tractor was built. This information can be used to determine your tractor’s age and find parts and accessories that are compatible with your model.
- Model: The model name is a specific designation for your tractor. This information can be used to find information about your tractor’s specifications, such as horsepower, fuel capacity, and weight.
- Plant: The plant code indicates the factory where your tractor was built. This information can be used to determine the quality of your tractor’s construction.
- Date of Manufacture: The date of manufacture is when your tractor was built. This information can be used to determine your tractor’s age and find parts and accessories that are compatible with your model.
Old John Deere Serial Number Lookup Tips
- Use a reliable serial number lookup tool. Not all serial number lookup tools are created equal. Some devices are more accurate than others, providing more information.
- Enter the serial number correctly. The serial number is a unique identifier for your tractor. It is essential to enter the serial number correctly to get accurate results.
- Be patient. The serial number lookup tool may take some time to process your request.
|60001-63140||1953-1955||Model 40 Utility|
|67359-69474||1953-1955||Model 40 Standard|
|72167-75131||1953-1955||Model 40 Tricycle|
|001001-025151||1970-1972||Model 55 Riding Lawn Mower|
|001001-035786||1970-1974||Model 56 Riding Lawn Mower|
|001001-044001||1973-1974||Model 57 Riding Lawn Mower|
|080001-120001||1978-1983||Model 65 Riding Lawn Mower|
|030001-070001||1975-1977||Model 66 Riding Lawn Mower|
|030001-222001||1975-1983||Model 68 Riding Lawn Mower|
In conclusion, using an old John Deere serial number lookup tool is a great way to find information about your tractor. By following the tips in this article, you can ensure that you get accurate results from your search.
I hope this article was helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below.