If you own a Nissan vehicle with an Intelligent Key system, you may have noticed the warning light on the dash stay on after you’ve turned off the engine. This can be confusing and even concerning, but don’t worry – in this article, we’ll explain what this usually means and how to fix it.
Nissan Intelligent Key Warning Light: What Does It Mean?
If you see the Nissan Intelligent Key warning light on your dash, it means that the system is not working properly. This can be due to a number of different issues, so it’s important to have it checked out by a professional as soon as possible.
One possible issue is that the battery in the key fob is low. If this is the case, simply replacing the batteries will likely fix the problem. However, if the issue is with the key fob itself, it will need to be replaced.
Another possibility is that there is something blocking the signal from the key fob to the car. This could be due to a number of different factors, such as interference from other electronic devices or simply because the key fob is too far away from the car. In these cases, moving closer to the car or eliminating other electronic devices from the area should fix the problem.
If neither of these solutions work, then it’s likely that there is an issue with the car’s electrical system and it will need to be brought in for service.
How to Fix a Nissan Intelligent Key Warning Light That Stays On
If your Nissan’s Intelligent Key warning light stays on, it could indicate a problem with the key itself or with the vehicle’s Immobilizer system. Here are a few things you can try to fix the issue:
- Check the battery in the key fob. If it’s low, replace it with a new one.
- If the key fob battery is fine, try resetting the Immobilizer system by disconnecting and reconnecting the vehicle’s battery.
- If neither of those solutions work, take the key to a Nissan dealer to have it checked out.
Suggested article: Nissan Qashqai Forward Emergency Braking Warning Light
Nissan Intelligent Key Warning Light Reset Procedure
If your Nissan Intelligent Key warning light stays on, it indicates that the system is not functioning properly. You’ll need to reset the system by following these steps:
- Sit in the driver’s seat and close all doors.
- Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the “On” position without starting the engine.
- Press and hold the “Lock” button on the key fob for at least five seconds.
- Turn the key to the “Off” position and remove it from the ignition.
- Press and hold the “Unlock” button on the key fob for at least five seconds.
- Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the “On” position without starting the engine. The Intelligent Key warning light should now be off.
Nissan’s Intelligent Key warning light is designed to stay on when the key fob battery is running low. If you find that this light stays on even after you’ve changed the batteries in your key fob, it’s possible that there’s a problem with the keyless entry system itself. In this case, it’s best to take your car to a Nissan dealer or qualified mechanic to have the system checked out and repaired if necessary.
FAQs About Nissan Intelligent Key Warning Light
What does intelligent key warning light mean?
The Intelligent Key battery discharge Warning Light is located on the instrument panel. When this light illuminates, it indicates that the battery in the Intelligent Key has reached a critical level and needs to be replaced immediately. If not done promptly, the battery could die during use resulting in an inability to access or start your vehicle. Therefore, it is highly recommended to replace the battery as soon as possible in order to avoid any inconveniences caused by a dead key fob.
How do I reset my Nissan Intelligent Key?
John inserted the key into the ignition, but he did not start the car. He then removed it from the ignition and repeated this step six times, although it may take up to 10 repetitions for his car to accept the key. When successful, John’s hazard lights will flash twice in confirmation.
How do you fix a key warning light?
1. Replacing the key fob battery is the first step to fixing a key warning light issue.
2. If the concern persists, it is best to tow the vehicle to a repair facility that specializes in servicing security systems for your specific make and model of vehicle.
3. Alternatively, mobile key programmers are available who can come directly to you and service your vehicle’s system on-site.
What does intelligent key warning light mean on Nissan Murano?
Nissan Intelligent KeyTM technology is equipped with a warning light that flashes when the ignition switch of their vehicles is in either the LOCK, OFF or AUTO ACC states. The green key light will indicate that the ignition switch is ready to use on older Nissan models and should be noticed by drivers as soon as it begins flashing. It’s important to ensure safe and proper functioning of this feature on all compatible Nissan vehicles in order for them to deliver optimal performance.